Job ID JL886 posted on 03/15/17
Salary will be commensurate with experience with a base salary of $47,500. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits package.
This is a 12 month, term appointment. The full-time position is part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Baltimore City with emphasis on reaching food stamp recipients. The position will be housed within the Baltimore City Health Department’s Baltimarket Program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health education, or a related field.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and resourceful with skills in conducting community-based education programs.
• A valid driver’s license and access to an automobile for travel in Baltimore City or Howard County and to FSNE trainings.
• Successful candidate is required to obtain a clear background check by the State of Maryland and the FBI.
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience in community organizing and/or partnering with grassroots communities and schools.
• Experience in writing grants and securing funds for projects.
• Experience working with diverse community stakeholders.
• Experience in conducting nutrition education activities involving food.
• Experience in partnering with grocery stores and/or corner stores for nutrition interventions.