Directions for Obtaining Prior Approval for CEU Activities
1. Obtain the Prior Approval Request Form
2. MDA Fee Schedule for Pre-Approval of CEUs:
Non-profit provider: $15/credit-hour requested
For-profit provider: $20/credit-hour requested
3. Submit completed request form and payment to:
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Dept. of Nutrition CMSC B100
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
(410) 955-6716 / (410) 614-6929 (fax)
Following program review, CDR or the State CPE Review Chair/Committee will send verification of approval. Program providers must provide each participant with a certificate of completion verifying completion of the program. Providers must also maintain a list of participants who completed their program for at least seven years.
Reporting Instructions for Prior Approved Activities
1. Complete the Prior Approval Continuing Professional Education Reporting Form or roster, following instructions on the form. To facilitate processing, please list the exact title provided for the CPE activity. Indicate the number of CPE hours requested, not to exceed the maximum number prior approved.
2. Submit the reporting form to the individual(s) designated by the activity provider/sponsor to receive forms. Prior Approval Continuing Professional Education Reporting Forms are sent by the activity provider/sponsor to CDR postmarked within 30 days of the activity date.
Continuing Professional Education Approval may be requested on a prior approval basis. Only activity providers/sponsors may request prior approval.
Prior approved activities are educational activities for which activity providers/sponsors have requested and received CPE unit approval on behalf of RDs/DTRs prior to the date of the activity.
Evaluation of CPE activities on a prior approval basis is a shared responsibility between CDR and the State Affiliate Review Contact.
Please read the CDR publication, "Continuing Professional Education Guidelines" for more information.