The Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has established a Speakers Bureau that connects local groups and organizations with nutrition professionals for speaking engagements or presentations. The pool of potential speakers is made up of Registered Dietitians and Diet Technicians, Registered who are Maryland Academy members. Our speakers cover a variety of nutrition-related issues including:
- Obesity/Weight Loss
- Cardiovascular (Heart) Health
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Family Nutrition
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Kidney (Renal) Disease
- Sports Nutrition
Maryland Academy Members wishing to register must submit the following:
- Proof of Maryland licensure
- Resubmission of licensure and continued membership in the Maryland Academy are requirements to maintain listing on the Speakers' Bureau.
The Education and Research Division Chair will organize/approve applications. Please contact Dr. Meena Somanchi to submit documentation or to request more information.
Members of the public/companies/agencies wishing to hire a speaker:
- Please contact Education and Research Division chair, Dr. Meena Somanchi for list of appropriate speakers. This list is provided free of charge.
- Speakers should be contacted directly by those wishing to hire them.
- Speaker fees are negotiated between the organization requesting services and the dietitian.
The opinions expressed by participants in the speakers' bureau do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of the Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The Maryland Academy of Nutrtion and Dietetics makes no warranties regarding the correctness of the information provided by the speakers and does not endorse, approve or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness, of such information. The Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics accepts no liability for damages of any kind resulting from reliance on any of the information provided therein. We assume no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, or in any respect for the content of such information, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumptions, studies or conclusions, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights, damages incurred if material infects or contaminates a user's system or information, and the violation of property, privacy or personal rights of others.