MAND Needs You!
Here are a few of the many reasons to join the board of the Maryland Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics:
- Exposure to a variety of areas and interests within our profession.
- Network with members of many different organizations.
- Participation sets you apart from other dietitians through active involvement in your professional organization.
- Mentor benefits: Use the experience of fellow members to become an expert in our field.
Gain Leadership Experience:
- Through the MAND board, expand your leadership skills and achieve your goals.
- Work with some of the top leaders in our profession to gain experience.
- Actively shape the future of dietetics practice by: lobbying state legislators, establishing best practice groups, and coordinating with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to support our profession.
- Teamwork: Work with fellow dietitians to help develop this essential skill.
- Being a board member helps ensure you are:
- Keeping up-to-date on current health care trends
- Maintaining CEU credits
- Able to take full advantage of future business opportunities
- Understanding the concerns of the future of our practice
If not you, then who???
Come visit a board meeting to learn more about board service.
Learn about board positions in our policies and procedures manual (position descriptions start on page 20).
Check out our board meeting minutes to learn more.
Take the plunge and nominate yourself for a position! Nominations are accepted all year long. Stay tuned e-blasts regarding the election process!
Questions or comments?
Please contact MAND Nominating Chair, Chimene Castor at firstname.lastname@example.org