DIFM Connecting Educators Webinar
Title: Introducing Integrative and Functional Medicine/ Nutrition into the Dietetic Curriculum
Dr Sudha Raj PhD, RDN – Teaching Professor, Syracuse University and
Diana Noland RDN, MPH, CCN, LD- Adjunct Faculty, KUMC 2007-2017
Date: Monday, March 4th, 2019
Time: 7.00 - 8.00 pm EST
Webinar Registration Link: After your request has been approved, you’ll receive instructions for joining the meeting.
1 Free CPE credit
After the webinar, the attendees will be able to:
- Describe the importance of developing and enhancing knowledge and skills expected of nutrition professionals who either currently practice integrative and functional medicine and/or those aspiring to make this their area of practice expertise.
- Highlight/describe limitations in education and training that aspiring RDNs may face as they pursue this area of practice and/or attempt to increase their level of competency.
- Identify facilitators to respond to previously identified challenges in the areas of education, training and practice.
- 1070 Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- 4040 Disease Prevention
- 6050 Instructional materials development
- 7180 Strategic planning
CPE Level II
Curriculum for dietetics education must continue to respond to the changing population healthcare and nutritional needs to prepare the dietitian-nutritionist for a career as the “nutrition expert” of the future. With the chronic disease epidemic facing solutions by all disciplines of healthcare and government policies, there is a growing appreciation of integrative and functional medicine and nutrition therapy value in addressing chronic disease. This webinar will acquaint the participant with key tenets of integrative and functional nutrition, and the value of including exposure of these principals within the ACEND curriculum. The two presenters are experienced in developing integrative and functional nutrition tracts within existing university accredited dietetic internships. They will share some guidelines for developing curriculum that includes training in the pursuit of integrative and functional education.
Contact Information:Aarti Batavia. MS, RDN, CLT, CFSP, IFMCP