Job ID JL1002 posted on 04/22/19
Giant Food has an immediate salaried opening for a Registered Dietitian / Nutritionist in our Severna Park, MD area Giant Food Stores.
The selected candidate will:
• Develop, manage, and execute in-store nutrition programs including personalized nutrition counseling, nutrition store tours, classes, webinars, and employee wellness programs within an assigned district/ area.
• Actively pursue and nurture community partnerships and execute community events within an assigned district.
• Provide evidence-based health and wellness content for Savory magazine, educational materials, and blog.
• Represent Giant Food as a nutrition expert and company spokesperson in various forms of media including television, radio, newspaper, social media, and podcast.
• Leverage in-depth knowledge and expertise of health, nutrition, and general wellness trends to support heathy food sales.
• Champion Giant Food strategies as they pertain to health and wellness.
• Collaborate with store and district teams, pharmacy, merchants, and marketing team to execute health and wellness programs.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: To perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified, a person would be expected to have:
1. Education (Minimum Needed): BS in Human Nutrition, Registered Dietitian (R.D.). M.S. degree preferred
2. Experience (Minimum Needed): 3 – 5 years’ experience in providing evidence-based nutrition services with direct client contact.
3. Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job: Keen knowledge of food and consumer trends, food preparation/ culinary trends, and evidence-based nutrition guidelines/ recommendations..
4. Special Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to organize diverse workload and handle multiple projects. Ability to work well in interdisciplinary groups to implement initiatives.
5. Availability: Must be available to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
6. Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift boxes (25lb or less) and transport materials to community events.
7. Travel: Must be willing to travel within district and to corporate office in Landover, MD as needed. Also requires monthly travel to Delaware stores.
8. Other: Strong customer service skills and passion for community nutrition education.