Job ID JL1652 posted on 06/09/20
Giant Food has an immediate salaried opening for a Registered Dietitian / Nutritionist in the Severna Park, MD area.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, manage, and execute in-store nutrition programs including personalized nutrition counseling, nutrition store tours, classes, webinars, and employee wellness programs within an assigned district/ area.
• Actively pursue and nurture community partnerships and execute community events within an assigned district.
• Provide evidence-based health and wellness content for Savory magazine, educational materials, podcast, and blog.
• Represent Giant Food as a nutrition expert and company spokesperson in various forms of media including television, radio, newspaper, social media, and podcast.
• Leverage in-depth knowledge and expertise of health, nutrition, and general wellness trends to support heathy food sales.
• Champion Giant Food strategies as they pertain to health and wellness.
• Collaborate with store and district teams, pharmacy, merchants, and marketing team to execute health and wellness programs.
• BS in Human Nutrition, Registered Dietitian (R.D.).
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in providing evidence-based nutrition services with direct client contact.
• Keen knowledge of food and consumer trends, food preparation/ culinary trends, and evidence-based nutrition guidelines/recommendations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage diverse workload and multiple projects. Ability to work well in interdisciplinary groups to implement initiatives.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
• Must be able to lift boxes (25lb or less) and transport materials to community events.
• Frequent travel within Washington DC, Prince George’s County and St Mary’s County as well as less frequent travel to our 3 Delaware stores. Must be willing to travel within assigned district territory and to corporate office in Hyattsville, MD as needed.
• Strong customer service skills and passion for community nutrition education
• Bilingual, Spanish speaking candidates preferred.
M.S. degree preferred