Job ID JL1667 posted on 12/08/20
This posting is for 3 positions, all 12 month, term appointments. The full-time positions are part of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Education (SNAP-Ed) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educators will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Baltimore City/County or Prince George’s County with emphasis on reaching food supplement (stamp) recipients. The Baltimore position will be housed between the Baltimore County Extension office in Cockeysville, MD and the Baltimore City Extension office in Baltimore, MD. The Prince George’s County positions will be housed at the Prince George’s County Extension office in Clinton, MD. Applicants may apply to one or both position locations. Please indicate position location(s) in cover letter and online application questions.
• Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants in Baltimore County/City or Prince George’s County.
• Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi-level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
• Use SNAP-Ed evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
• Attend SNAP-Ed staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.