Job ID JL1719 posted on 07/14/22
The Program Director will participate to plan, implement, manage and evaluate service/department activities for Children's National Medical Center in accordance with accepted national and USDA standards and administrative policies.
• With Executive Director and Grants, contribute to strategic plan for WIC Program services.
• Assist Grants staff with preparing and negotiating Request For Proposals to obtain WIC grant at Children’s.
• With Executive Director, incorporate findings into plans to modify program/service delivery , while complying to USDA guidelines.
• Maintain liaison with the WIC State Agency and attend monthly meetings for local agency directors, quarterly nutrition education training, and the other local and national WIC meetings.
• Develop Annual Plan of Program operations in accordance with federal/DC WIC State Agency requirements.
• Plan and coordinate outreach activities with intra-agency clinic staff, health care providers, and community based organizations to identify potential WIC eligible participants.
• Assist Executive Director to develop, implement and evaluate program operations, policies and procedures, and performance standards.
• Collaborate with Executive Director on significant WIC operational issues/barriers and implement strategic plan through management of day-to-day operations and troubleshoot operational issues.
• Plan and facilitate in-service sessions directed at assuring performance standards are reached or surpassed in the area of program nutrition services and other key performance areas.
• Ensure compliance with CNMC, Federal and regulatory standards.
• Ensure eligible persons are provided with WIC benefits in accordance with state and federal policies and procedures.
• Develop nutrition education and breast feeding activities, and secure State Agency approvals.
• In collaboration with Grants, Management and DC WIC State Agency , hire, train, develop and direct assigned staff to meet departmental and USDA objectives.
• Provide timely coaching and performance feedback.
• Develop staffing plans/schedules to optimize productivity and ensure quality services.
• Deploy staff appropriately to meet business objectives.
• Assist Executive Director to evaluate performance reports.
• Assist Finance and Grants and prepare monthly invoices for claim to WIC state Agency for reimbursement.
• Develop the annual program budget and budget revisions; implement actions to facilitate meeting budget requirements.
• Contribute to develop and monitor operating USDA funds allocated by DC WIC State Agency.
• Responsible to administer program within budgetary guidelines and assist Executive Director and Grants in seeking additional funds, when necessary , from DC WIC State Agency .
• Develop and implement policies to assure documentation of services and accountability of property are maintained as required by the State Agency and Federal rules/guidelines.
• Set and achieve departmental goals.
• Align budgets and resources to meet division goals.
• Monitor and support a safe and quality environment.
• Focus the team on service excellence and make the interdepartmental connections needed to ensure high service.
• Clearly communicate organizational strategies to the department.
• Ensure managers hold the team accountable for high performance.
• Support managers in maintaining a positive working environment.
• Represent the department in clearing obstacles to high performance.
• Look for and develop high-performing talent.
• Support supervisors and managers in engagement efforts.
• Look across departments for opportunities to make the organization more effective.
• Recognize and share innovation and improvement.
• Represent the department in organization-wide innovation and improvement efforts.
• Monitor and grow the department’s capacity for change.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Goldberg - Shaw Metro
641 S Street NW
Position Status: R (Regular) - FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 8:30 - 5:00PM
M.S. Master of Science in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition Science, Nutrition, Dietetics, or nutrition-related field. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years Experience in maternal and child health of related and progressive experience. (Required)
1 year Management/supervisory experience. (Required)
Financial management and computer skills.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Dietitian (RD) with the American Dietetic Association commission on Dietetic Registration and Licensed Dietitian (LD) with the District
of Columbia Department of Regulatory Affairs, Board of Dietetics and Nutrition (Required)