Job ID JL928 posted on 01/25/18
The Bariatric Dietitian position would be responsible for nutrition services in a Bariatric clinic outpatient setting. This will include, but not limited to, completing nutritional assessments and counseling for pre and post Bariatric patients, group nutrition education classes and participation in multidisciplinary team duties. Position requires applicant to maintain professional competencies and skills required for professional practice.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics, foods and nutrition or related area by accredited college or university.
· Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by The Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
· Successfully completes the National Registry exam.
· Preferred at least 1 to 2 years of experience as an outpatient dietitian and/or clinical dietitian.
· Individual must be Registered Dietitian.
· Licensed in Delaware as Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Comprehensive knowledge and application of nutrition services and medical Nutrition therapy.
Knowledge of the Nutrition Care Process.
Effective communication and written skills.
Ability to function independently on assigned patient care areas.
Ability to counsel and motivate others, as individuals and as a group.
Effective decision making, problem solving and collaboration skills.