Job ID JL932 posted on 02/20/18
May 1, 2018
Under the direction of the Vice President of Consumer Communications, the Nutrition Specialist serves as the association’s subject matter expert and public-facing authority on health and wellness. This advanced-level nutrition marketing and communications position serves as an advisor to senior leadership on key nutrition topics and trends that impact the dairy industry.
The Nutrition Specialist is also responsible for developing a health and wellness voice for American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) that drives dairy nutrition strategies through external health professional outreach, consumer engagement, internal collaborations with ADANE marketing teams, and community partnerships.
• Develop and manage company partnerships with key health organizations (i.e. pediatricians, family physicians, school/school district medical directors, registered dietitians, school nurse’s associations, etc.) to keep them abreast of dairy science and ADANE health and wellness initiatives.
• Communicate with external health professionals (MDs, clinical and retail RDs, etc.) to assist in the promotion of dairy consumption, health and nutrition.
• Create, compose, and edit health and wellness content/materials—in partnership with the consumer communications team—for advertising, collateral materials, newsletters, promotional events and presentations. Assist with media inquiries and make media appearances when necessary—under the direction of the VP of Consumer Communications.
• Work with the social media team to build a nutritional presence on the association’s digital and social media platforms to initiate dairy nutrition engagement with consumers and respond to consumer inquiries received through these platforms.
• Coordinate and attend key leader meetings (debriefings/RT discussions) to build
• Proactive thought leaders (dairy advocates) for ADANE initiatives (i.e., dairy optimization including Breakfast After the Bell and flavored milk).
• Monitor issues and trends relevant to food and nutrition and communicate any potential business impact to ADANE leadership as appropriate.
• Assist in the creation of company position statements on key food issues (including genetically modified organisms, food safety, fortification) for use by senior leadership, the ADANE Crisis Team and consumer responses.
• Evaluate and order nutrition education materials for use w/key thought leaders and consumers for practicality, efficiency, quality and overall effectiveness.
• Develop and maintain a Speakers Bureau of health and nutrition authorities including a Sports Nutrition Advisory Panel.
• Prepare presentations for internal and external use including the HP update; and enhance HP speaker slides with updated relevant references to increase awareness of nutrition programs.
• Manage budgets for company health and wellness programs.
• Participate in continuing education to maintain registration and licensing credentials, as necessary.
Registered dietitian; master’s degree in business, nutrition, food science or related discipline necessary.
• Three to five year’s related experience with knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following required: food industry, retail industry and/or public health/community health education arena.
• Knowledge of public health agencies and advocacy groups.
• Public health, food/ nutrition policy and marketing experience a plus.
• Project and people management skills and experience.
• Experience with traditional and social media; media training preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present data at level and format appropriate for consumer and professional audiences.
• Travel throughout the entire American Dairy Association North East service area and ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends; however, each Specialist will be responsible for a defined territory within the region.
• Frequent travel during the week with overnight stay at times is required. Local, regional, multi-state and national traveling is frequently required.
• Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
• Required to provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.