Job ID JL951 posted on 08/08/18
Nutrition Administrative Manager
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Full Time, Day Shift
Setting the standard of excellence in patient care, research and education.
The Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center is seeking a Nutrition Administrative Manager to join our team. The Manager is responsible for managing call center operations, host/hostess program, and monitoring the department’s performance with respect to timeliness, accuracy and overall customer service. S/he supports the Assistant Director in menu planning and data input into CBORD menu system and coordinates staff training and development in area of Patient Experience and therapeutic diets. S/he acts as a liaison between the food service department, clinical nutrition and nursing and is responsible for quality assurance monitoring and reporting for patient service program. S/he also serves as opening/closing manager in weekend rotation and as needed to cover management schedule.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interviews, hires, orients, trains, and schedules call center and host/hostess employees. Evaluates performance and takes appropriate action, such as merit increases, promotions, disciplinary actions. Provides in-service and on-the job training programs.
• Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet operational needs within budgetary requirements.
• Provides instruction, guidance and leadership to Dietetic Interns during the call center rotation
• Assists with development of standards and policies governing the call center, patient menu, meal service and service quality.
• Provides oversight to patient meal selection, tray delivery and service recovery. Promptly responds to patient complaints and follows through until resolution. Applies principles of process improvement to address productivity, accuracy and efficiency.
• Monitors quality assurance program for patient services. Maintains records, reports, and statistics as required.
• Maintains compliance with established policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control consistent with JCAHO, OSHA, institution, local, state and federal regulations.
• Bachelor of Science degree in food and nutrition from an accredited institution, with two years of previous experience.
• Licensed or licensure eligible as a registered dietitian as required by the State of Maryland and registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Certification to ensure competency in dietetic practice through CDR options or similar non-CDR accepted pathways is desirable.
• Obtains and maintains ServSafe certification
For the complete description, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/adman
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.