Job ID JL953 posted on 08/28/18
Meritus Health is located in Hagerstown, Maryland at the crossroads of Western Maryland, southern Pennsylvania, and the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. It is the largest healthcare provider and one of the largest employers in Washington County.
Meritus Medical Center is perhaps its most easily recognized facility, but Meritus Health offers much more. Branches of care including primary care physician practices, specialists in disciplines from obstetrics to cardiology, and satellite services from diagnostics to durable medical equipment complement the hospital’s efforts to provide quality care across the spectrum.
Meritus Health is seeking a Clinical Nutrition and Patient Services Manager to join our team. The Manager will be responsible for:
• Enforcement of administrative, personnel and departmental policies and procedures to ensure consistency in conducting intra and inter departmental business, including determining cost/benefit ratios and implementing cost effective innovation strategies.
• Management and supervision of activities of the Clinical Dietitians in providing clinical nutrition care to patients and nutrition expertise to physicians and all nursing and ancillary staff.
• Management and supervision of Nutrition Services personnel in assisting patients with menu selection, processing of diet orders, tray assembly and delivery, food service and related activities for patients, to ensure that meals can be served and activities carried out as scheduled, at the desired quality level and Nutrition Services guidelines.
• All aspects of Nutrition Services informatics as it relates to the provision of patient services: Electronic Diet Manual from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Maintenance of the Nutrient Data base for the patient menu and other recipes as requested using the Nutritionist Pro Analysis software; administration of CBORD; Nutrition Services Suite (NSS) including the automated diet office system and bedside menu entry (BME); EHR order entry system for diet orders and other clinical services.
• Nutrition Services clinical documentation systems.
The successful candidate will:
• Function as an integral part of the management team collaborating to ensure overall coordination and delivery of departmental services and products across all areas and service lines.
• Network internally and externally to promote growth, ensure the competitive marketability of services, and to identify new opportunities for the department and Health System.
• Model and promote Service Excellence.
• Promote growth to ensure the competitive marketability of services and to identify new opportunities within the Health System.
To apply, please visit www.meritushealth.com/careers
Education - Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a major in foods, nutrition, dietetics or the equivalent and completion of a general dietetics internship or equivalent approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience - Three (3-5) years clinical experience in acute care medical center required including one (1-3) year supervisory or management experience required. Requires knowledge of the health care field, as well as demonstrated managerial skills, all of which would normally be acquired in five to seven years of managerial experience in a medium sized health care organization.
Licensure/Certification - Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Licensed by the State of Maryland; Certified Nutrition Support Clinician preferred. ServSafe Certification preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities - Knowledge of computer system applications related to specialty required. Experience with EHR (EPIC) and CBORD preferred. Demonstrated ability to learn multiple systems required to conduct business in Meritus Medical Center. Demonstrated effective communication skills, verbal and written, necessary to exchange information and collaborate with a wide variety of individuals. Effective speaking skills necessary to give presentations/training to physicians, patients of all ages (pediatric, adolescent and geriatric) their families, team members, and medical center staff. Demonstrated ability to effectively conduct and report new programs and research data with accuracy and thoroughness.