Job ID JL984 posted on 11/13/18
CCI Health & Wellness Services (CCI) is a community health center with primary care locations throughout Montgomery County and in northern Prince George's County. CCI is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, CCI delivers high quality, affordable care, to every patient during all stages of life.
The Clinical Nutritionist will work closely with staff involved in CCI's Childhood Obesity Management and Prevention Program to ensure successful implementation and management of the program. The Clinical Nutritionist will provide counseling for patients referred by CCI Providers and Care Teams. In addition, this position will coach and mentor staff in nutrition education and obesity management. The Clinical Nutritionist will also act as a liaison between the Care Teams and community partners. This position will include early evening and Saturday hours and multiple locations in Montgomery and Northern Prince George's Counties. This position reports directly to the Associate Chief Medical Officer.
Key Functions and Responsibilities Include:
- Provide Medical Nutrition Therapy to CCI patients and their families, with a specific focus on children and adolescents ages 6 - 16.
- Form collaborative relationships with families and educate them about their roles as agents of change in their child's eating and exercise habits.
- Develop, review, and select nutrition and education materials for a multicultural population.
- Collaborate with patient's care teams to integrate physical activity and nutrition education into care plans to ensure continuity of care.
- Responsible for the assessment, documentation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of patient care plans.
- Develop nutrition education materials, including handouts, posters, etc. which are accurate, current, and understandable by patients.
- Maintain frequent communication with patients.
- Communicate regularly with Childhood Obesity Management and Prevention Program staff to implement quality improvement initiatives and ensure successful functioning of program across all assigned sites.
To apply online, please visit: https://cciweb.applicantpro.com/jobs/840718.html
Questions can be directed to KellyAnn Rooney, Program Manager, at email@example.com.
- BA/BS degree
- Registered Dietitian (RD) currently certified by the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice
- Experience/interest in working with children and adolescents (ages 2 - 19)
- Ability to work with diversity and with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Ability to provide treatment using telephone interpretation
- Two years experience working in healthcare/community health setting
- Ability to work early evening and Saturday hours
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred
- Experience providing group MNT
- Knowledge of education techniques and principles of human motivation for change
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office