JOIN THE BOARD:
There are many reasons to join the Board of the Maryland Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
Here are just a few:
- Exposure to a variety of areas and interests within our profession
- Network with members of many different organizations
- Participation sets you apart from other dietitians through active involvement in your professional organization
- Mentor benefits: Use the experience of fellow members to become an expert in our field
Gain Leadership Experience:
- Expand your leadership skills and achieve your personal & professional goals
- Work with some of the top leaders in our profession to gain experience
- Actively shape the future of dietetics practice by: lobbying state legislators, establishing best practice groups, and coordinating with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to support our profession
- Teamwork with fellow dietitians to help develop this essential skill
- Being a board member helps ensure you are:
- Keeping up-to-date on current health care trends
- Maintaining CEU credits
- Able to take full advantage of future business opportunities
- Understanding the concerns of the future of our practice
If not you, then who???
Come visit a board meeting to learn more about Board service.
Learn about board positions in our Policies and Procedures Manual (position descriptions start on page 20).
Check out our board meeting minutes to learn more.
Nominate yourself or someone you work with. We are accepting nominations thru February 20, 2019. Share your passion for our profession while growing leadership skills, networking with a diverse group of professionals and earn CEU’s through board participation.
The following positions are available:
- Communications Chair
- Council on Professional Issues – Chair Elect
- Clinical/Research Division - Chair
- Community/Nutrition Management Division – Chair
- Nominating Committee – Chair
- Nominating Committee Member (2)
Questions or comments?
Please contact MAND Nominating Chair,
Rhonda Brandes at firstname.lastname@example.org