JOIN THE BOARD:
There are many reasons to join the Board of the Maryland Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
Here are just a few:
- Exposure to a variety of areas and interests within our profession
- Network with members of many different organizations
- Participation sets you apart from other dietitians through active involvement in your professional organization
- Mentor benefits: Use the experience of fellow members to become an expert in our field
Gain Leadership Experience:
- Expand your leadership skills and achieve your personal & professional goals
- Work with some of the top leaders in our profession to gain experience
- Actively shape the future of dietetics practice by: lobbying state legislators, establishing best practice groups, and coordinating with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to support our profession
- Teamwork with fellow dietitians to help develop this essential skill
- Being a board member helps ensure you are:
- Keeping up-to-date on current health care trends
- Maintaining CEU credits
- Able to take full advantage of future business opportunities
- Understanding the concerns of the future of our practice
If not you, then who???
Come visit a board meeting to learn more about Board service.
Learn about board positions in our Policies and Procedures Manual.
Check out our board meeting minutes to learn more.