Mission and Vision
Vision: Optimize the health and wellbeing of Marylanders through food, nutrition, and policy.
Mission: Equip nutrition professionals with/through leadership, evidence-based practice, and advocacy while empowering community members with access to nutrition education.
- Community Focus: Serve member needs and strives to improve health outcomes for Marylanders.
- Professional Integrity: Act ethically with accountability for life-long learning and professional practice.
- Commitment to Excellence:Dedicate our energy and resources to continuous improvement in the pursuit of the highest standards of professional practice.
- Innovation: Pursues progress through creativity and strategic thinking.
- Social Responsibility: Guide decisions with considerations for inclusion, equity, and social determinants of health.
- Supporting members in navigating opportunities & platforms in the expanding healthcare arena
- Promoting the RDN credential to the public as the nutrition experts
- Educating members to become change agents by expanding awareness of equity and bringing social determinants of health to the forefront.
- Show appreciation to the Maryland Nutrition community through member benefits such as networking, education events, and scholarship opportunities
- Increase awareness by nutrition professionals and the community about how public policy impacts wellness outcomes