Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation
The Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation (MAND Foundation) is the charitable branch of the Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. We are a 501(c)(3) organization that raises funds to provide scholarships for MAND members.
The MAND Foundation funds education and research initiatives to promote optimal nutrition, health and well-being of the public.
The MAND Foundation will be an innovative and effective non-profit fundraiser for nutrition education and research initiatives.
We are pleased to offer the following scholarships to support MAND members who are students of dietetics, dietetic interns, dietitians returning to school for graduate studies, or Registered Dietitians (RDs) or Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTRs) pursuing CE opportunities:
- Jane Hartman Award for Pursuing an Undergraduate Degree in Dietetics or a Dietetic Internship - $1,000
- E.V. McCollum Returning Graduate Student Award - $1,000
- Helen D. Mullan Continuing Education Award - up to $500 each
2022-2023 Scholarship Update:
For questions please contact the MAND Foundation Treasurer Liz Bricel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immediate Need: MAND Foundation (Interim) President
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are in immediate need of a leader to fulfill this position in order for the MAND Foundation to remain open. Transition into this role is supported by the MAND board and our Executive Management team through the Academy.
The President of the MAND Foundation shall serve the interim period (TBD) with the potential to fill a full three-year term. Please only apply if you are willing to continue the full term.
The functions of the Foundation Board include:
- To administer the affairs of the MAND Foundation, by meeting at least twice a year.
- To act as trustees of the resources of MAND Foundation, Inc.
- To accept on behalf of the Foundation contributions, gifts or bequests for the general mission of the Foundation.
- To establish and review routinely the policies and procedures for determining the use of MAND Foundation, Inc. funds.
- To develop and implement a program of work consistent with the mission of MAND Foundation.
- Serve as the principal executive officer of the Foundation.
- Supervise all the affairs of the MAND Foundation.
- Preside over the MAND Foundation Board meetings.
- Sign, with the Treasurer, any contracts and be the second signature for the Foundation checking account,
- Serve as ex-officio on the MAND Board.
- Provide a monthly up-date regarding the Foundation at the MAND Board meetings.
Qualifications/ skills that will make someone successful in this position:
- Leadership experience
- Self-motivated/ disciplined
- Proficient with Google Workspace (G-Suite)
Active Academy membership with MAND as the primary affiliation is required. Note: If you are interested but don’t have MAND as your primary affiliate, you can request a change in affiliate by emailing Affiliate@eatright.org.
If you are interested or know someone who is, please email the MAND President:
Ashley Lewis, RDN, LDN