Job ID JL893 posted on 05/16/17
This is a 12 month, term appointment. The full-time position is part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The Special Projects Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating nutrition education curriculum and outreach projects focusing on food assistance sites such as food banks and pantries. The position will be housed at the state FSNE office in Columbia, MD.
• Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health education, or a related field.
• A valid driver’s license and access to an automobile for travel statewide and to FSNE trainings.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and resourceful with skills and experience in conducting community-based education programs.
• Successful candidate is required to obtain a clear background check by the State of Maryland and the FBI.
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience in community organizing and/or partnering with grassroots communities and schools.
• Experience working with food banks and pantries.
• Experience in writing grants and securing funds for projects.
• Experience in conducting nutrition education activities involving food.
• Experience working with diverse community stakeholders.
• Experience working with outreach programs using technology.