Job ID JL912 posted on 09/18/17
This is a 12 month, term appointment. The full-time position is part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in St. Mary’s County with emphasis on reaching food stamp recipients. The position will be housed at the St. Mary’s County Extension office in Leonardtown, MD.
For full job description, please visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/54360
• Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health education, or a related field.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and resourceful with skills and experience in conducting community-based education programs.
• A valid driver’s license and access to an automobile for travel in St. Mary’s County and to FSNE trainings.
• Successful candidate is required to obtain a clear background check by the State of Maryland and the FBI.
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience in community organizing and/or partnering with grassroots communities and schools.
• Experience in writing grants and securing funds for projects.
• Experience working with diverse community stakeholders.
• Experience in conducting nutrition education activities involving food.