The Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
is pleased to announce the Winners of the
2014 Middle School Recipe Contest.
Since we received so many recipes and had difficulty choosing just one winner, we added a Second and a Third prize as well as an Honorable Mention category. We were impressed by the effort and thought that both students and teachers devoted to the contest and hope this will spark your interest and creativity in continuing to make healthy recipes and being active.
The winners are:
First Prize ($200)
Patapsco Middle School
Ellicott City, Howard County
Recipe: Kate's Quick Quesadillas
Second Place ($150)
Zaria Neal, Akeem Young, John Moore, Nice DiMichele
7th and 8th Grade (SAIL Class)
Margaret Brent Middle School
Helen, St Mary's County
Recipe: Perfect Pasta
Third Prize ($150)
Lockerman Middle School
Denton, Caroline County
Recipe: Good for You Sloppy Joes
Pine Grove Middle School
Recipe: Brianna's Healthy Eggplant Parmesan
Bonnie Branch Middle School
Recipe: Quinoa Salad
Thank you to all the students for the wonderful recipes that were submitted.
Download a pdf of the winners here.
Maryland offers a plethera of opportunities for students! Here are a handful of them!
- Scholarship Information for Transfer Students - University of Maryland
- Career Info FAQs - American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Dietetic Education Programs in Maryland
- Scholarships/Financial Assistance - American Dietetic Association Foundation.
- Student Employment and Internship Opportunities - National Institutes of Health.
- Internships & Scholarships - U.S. Department of Agriculture.