Job ID JL1731 posted on 11/16/22
Giant Food has an immediate opening for a Registered Dietitian with a passion for all things Healthy Living. Looking for a bilingual, social media savvy individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Hispanic Community outreach to join our team. If you enjoy working with a talented team that works on impactful projects for associates and customers and are willing to lead new and innovative projects of your own, this may be the job for you.
• Provide evidence-based personalized nutrition counseling to customers and associates.
• Develop, coordinate, and execute in-store and in-community nutrition programs within Giant Food service areas.
• Programs include nutrition store tours, classes, webinars, seminars, cook-alongs, health fairs and employer wellness programs.
• Actively seek and nurture new community partnerships with local healthcare providers, schools, universities, government agencies, and businesses.
• Create and deliver evidence-based health and wellness content for marketing channels including podcast, blog, social media, Savory magazine, seasonal mailers, educational materials, newspapers, and trade magazines.
• Represent Giant as the nutrition expert in various media outlets including television, radio, newspaper and social media to promote the Giant brand.
• Serve as a serve as the voice for our Spanish-speaking customers and associates on assigned tasks and projects within the Healthy Living team.
• Collaborate with key internal departments such as Pharmacy, Human Resources, Store Ops, Marketing, Public Relations, Sustainable Retailing, RBS, and Merchandising teams to execute Healthy Living programs across the Brand.
• Represent Giant at company-sponsored events.
• Work closely with the Healthy Living Manager and Healthy Living Director on special projects as assigned.
• BS in Human Nutrition, Registered Dietitian (RD), MS in Nutrition or Education preferred
• Bilingual, Spanish-speaking strongly preferred.
• Keen knowledge of food and consumer trends, human nutrition standards and recommendations, and food preparation and culinary trends
• MS Office knowledge including Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work well in groups
• Ability to organize diverse workload and handle multiple projects
• Available to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
• Ability to lift boxes (25 pounds or less) and transport boxes to events
• Ability to travel frequently within assigned region and to the corporate office as needed
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills