Job ID JL954 posted on 09/07/18
Salary will be commensurate with experience with a base salary of $44,900.
This posting is for 2 separate positions, both 12 month, term appointments. The full-time positions are part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Worcester and Somerset Counties or Harford County with emphasis on reaching food stamp recipients. The Worcester/Somerset position will be housed at the Worcester County Extension office in Snow Hills, MD, and the Harford County position will be housed at the Harford County Extension Office in Street, MD.
See job posting for additional information about the position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health education, or a related field.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and resourceful with skills and experience in conducting community-based education programs.
• A valid driver’s license and access to an automobile for travel in Worcester and Somerset Counties or Harford County and to FSNE trainings.
• Successful candidate is required to obtain a clear background check by the State of Maryland and the FBI.
• Master’s Degree.
• Experience in community organizing and/or partnering with grassroots communities and schools.
• Experience in writing grants and securing funds for projects.
• Experience working with diverse community stakeholders.
• Experience in conducting nutrition education activities involving food.